Show/Hide

The Jordan-Newby Branch will be closed Saturday, October 28, due to the NSU Homecoming.

Originally known as the Tanner’s Creek Branch, this location first opened in a half-basement in Larchmont School, at the northwest corner of Hampton Boulevard and Bolling Avenue on September 24, 1923. When a new school was built at the southeast corner of the same intersection in 1931, the branch library moved into the new school building with a separate entrance on Bolling Avenue. The library reopened in a new building at the present location, 6525 Hampton Boulevard, in 1968 and was renamed Larchmont Branch Library for the neighborhood it serves.

 Learn more about reserving the Larchmont Branch Meeting Room.

True Stories Book Club

Everyone knows a good novel can offer us an escape or broaden our ways of thinking, but good nonfiction has a way of uprooting our assumptions, enhancing our knowledge, and making us sound like we know what we're talking about! (Adults) 

April 4: Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief  by Lawrence Wright

(757) 441-5335

Return to full list >>