The Lafayette Branch of Norfolk Public Library opened on July 1, 1930 in a storefront at 3126 Cottage Toll Road (now Tidewater Drive), moving to its present location at 1610 Cromwell Road in 1970. Our beautiful Lafayette Reading Garden, a gift of the Lakewood Garden Club, was dedicated in June 2005. This branch has historically served the Lafayette Residence Park neighborhood, which took its name from its proximity to the Lafayette River. The Lafayette River, originally Tanner’s Creek, was renamed in the early 20th century to honor Frenchman Marquis de Lafayette, American Revolutionary War hero.

Learn how to reserve the Lafayette Branch Meeting Room.

Intro to Email

Students will establish an email account with Gmail and learn to use the basic features. Prerequisites: Basic computer, mouse and typing skills. Must have a cell phone for the initial setup.
Return to full list >>