The Blyden Branch opened July 19, 1921 in a single room of the original Booker T. Washington High School on Princess Anne Road.  It provided library service for the city’s approximately 43,000 African American residents, and was the first library for African Americans supported by a municipality in Virginia.  Blyden Branch moved to Johnson Avenue and Church Street in 1938 and to its current location at 879 E. Princess Anne Road in 1957.

Dr_Blyden 

     Click here to read more about

     the history of Blyden Branch, and its

     namesake, Edward Wilmont Blyden.

 

Afternoon Movies

  • Date: 07/01/2014 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
  • Location: Blyden Branch Library
    Norfolk, Virginia 23504

Enjoy family-friendly movies and refreshments! (Family)

 

 Hours & Locations

Return to full list >>