­­­The Janaf Branch of Norfolk Public Library opened in 1966. It is named for the shopping center, which is an acronym for “Joint Army, Navy, Air Force.” Janaf, Inc. was formed by retired U. S. Navy officer James Beazley as an investment organization catering to active and retired members of the military. The future site of the shopping center was purchased in 1954, and the first phase of Janaf Shopping Center opened in December 1959.

Learn more about using the Janaf Branch meeting room.

Elephant & Piggie Visit

Popular book characters Elephant and Piggie are coming to Norfolk Public Library to celebrate summer reading! (Preschool)

Return to full list >>