Paws to READ Summer Reading Program
During the six-week celebration, each NPL branch will host festive events, crafts and games, and provide weekly incentives. Participating in SRP is easy. Beginning June 21, register online or go to any NPL location to sign up. Next, read books and track your minutes read (for youth), or read three titles and submit three book reviews (for adults), to earn prizes — it’s that simple!
The events lineup includes visits from book characters Elephant and Piggie; a concert with the Tintabulations Handbell Choir from Reno, Nevada; art with the Chrysler Museum and Color Me Mine ceramic studio; on-site programs with the Virginia Zoo, Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Museum, Mad Science of Hampton Roads, Bat World of Hampton Roads, Virginia Living Museum, Virginia Air & Space Museum; and many more popular performers.
Youth SRP reading incentives and prizes (Babies, Toddlers, School Age and Teens):
• Sign up for SRP and receive a scratch art board and bookmark
• Read and record 150 minutes and receive a long-arm plush dog
• Read and record 300 minutes and receive a sports bag and entry into the drawing for the grand prize
Youth grand prizes:
Babies and Toddlers (ages 0-4) - “Paws to Read” box of books
School Age (ages 5-12) - Kindle Fire HD
Teens (ages 13-17) – Galaxy Tab 3
Adult SRP reading incentives and prizes (Ages 18 and up):
• Register and receive a drinking glass and bookmark
• Read three books and write three brief reviews to receive a tote bag and one entry into the drawing for a Kindle Fire HDX
• Read at least one book and submit one review for your name to be entered into each of our weekly prize drawings
Be sure to make NPL part of your family’s summer fun! Obtain a complete list of events from the Library’s website, and pick up or download your copy of the 2014 Summer Classes and Events Guide.
SRP is sponsored by the Library of Virginia and the Friends of the Norfolk Public Library. For information about youth SRP, contact the NPL Children’s Department at (757) 664-7328 ext. 347 or 349. For information about adult SRP, please call Donald Gates at (757) 441-5335.