- African-American History Month on Norfolk Perspectives
Watch what's happening for Black History Month at NPL
- Celebrate Black History Month at NPL
Explore African-American history and culture with special events at NPL for all ages during February.
02/03/2014 1:20 PMdetail
- Snow Closing
NPL Closed at 3PM on Jan. 28 through Jan. 30. Reopen Jan. 31 at 10AM.
01/28/2014 12:59 PMdetail
- TREK for Civility Week on Norfolk Perspectives
Watch the TREK for Civility Week interview with Bob Batcher
- TREK for Civility Week at NPL
Explore the concepts of civility through free events and booklists, January 18-26
- Community Help Cards Now Available
6th Edition of Norfolk Public Library’s Award-Winning Community Help Cards Connect Norfolk Citizens with Community Resources
11/12/2013 12:29 PMdetail
- Exclusive Youth Pilot Program Launched
NPL selected to be one of three libraries in the country to pilot a program in children’s math education called UMIGO™ (You-Make-It-Go).
- November is American Indian Heritage Month
Celebrate American Indian Heritage Month with storytelling, cultural exhibits, wind and percussion concerts, lectures and family activities!
10/29/2013 8:00 AMdetail
- Be Brave, Be Bold, BEWARE: Scary Story Series
New video series of scary tales and ghost stories by Lynn Ruehlmann (Click here to watch if you dare)
10/25/2013 10:30 AMdetail
- Free Digital Magazines from NPL
"World's Largest Newsstand" now at your fingertips!
- Sonal Rastogi Named Library Director
City Manager Names New Director of Norfolk Public Library, Sonal Rastogi
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
Explore Hispanic history, culture and traditions with special events from September 15 - October 15.
- Join the Big Library Read
Program makes popular eBook available to all patrons without wait lists or holds
- NPL's Technology Tune Up Event
Celebrate the Library's Latest Technology Sept. 14 at Pretlow!
- 2014 Norfolk Historical Calendar on Sale Now!
Now available for purchase at all NPL locations!
- eBooks Now Available at NPL!
Best-selling and classic titles available anytime, anywhere
- 2013 Summer Reading Program Comes to an End
1,420 books reviewed and more than 846,000 minutes read by participants this summer!